Every care is taken to ensure that our plants reach you in good condition.
They will require careful planting and aftercare once home. Scotsdales will replace any hardy plant which dies or is not true to name, providing it has received reasonable care and it is presented for examination within one year, together with our own label and proof of purchase.
Please ensure you read and follow our basic planting and care instructions below
- Wherever possible, always ask for assistance to ensure you are purchasing the right plant or plants for where you want them to go. Always ensure the conditions are appropriate for the plant you are selecting before planting.
- Water the plant thoroughly before planting.
- Prepare a hole twice the depth and width of the root ball.
- A dd planting compost and a little of the correct fertiliser to stimulate and encourage root growth.
- Plant firmly, staking trees and tall shrubs. Set the rootball to the same depth as the pot and never deeper unless instructed by the label to do otherwise.
- Water the plant well after planting. Always provide a gap through mulches to allow direct watering to the rootball.
- Continue to water thoroughly during the summer, or when dry. Larger Trees and Specimens will benefit if there is a small pipe from above ground direct to the base of the roots. Please ask for further advice on this.
- Please give our experienced outdoor plant team a call or come in for some advice before returning the plant. Alternatively contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For you to make a claim, please ensure you return the plant together with your proof of purchase.